Koodo Community

Community

Solved

pre paid

can I buy pre-paid time and add it to an old phone of mine so that someone visiting can use it?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
As long as it's compatible with Koodo's networks(Must be unlocked, or from Koodo originally, MUST be able to hold a simcard) then yes! All you'd have to do is buy a Koodo Prepaid sim card (Walmart, futureshop or Koodo stores all sell them) And then add as many minutes as you'd like.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you do have an old card, make sure it's not expired, They expire 90 days after your last base plan renewal
Thank-you for the reply, So by card do you mean SIM card? The phone was purchased through Koodo about one year ago and I only just stopped using it because I got an iphone through apple. So if i buy a prepaid card can I simply add that time to my old phone? Will it have an assigned phone number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jessie Colberg wrote:

Thank-you for the reply, So by card do you mean SIM card? The phone was purchased through K...

You need to buy a sim card and insert it in the phone. You will need to activate it online and you will get to choose a number 🙂