Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pre-authorised payment confusion

Hi, I recently signed-up for pre-authorised payments but I have received a bill for this month that I am being asked to pay by the beginning of October. Should this happen if I have pre-authorised payments? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pre-authorized payments need one full billing cycle to kick in. This is normal. You should see the pre-auth payments kick in next bill
You will always get a bill even on pre auth payments so that you can see the details of your usage and so you know how much will be deducted from your account or credit card. As dennis said it does take 1 billing cycle to take effect I always suggest a one time payment first to make sure you are not late. They will not deduct the payment twice if there is nothing owing on your account nothing is charged. After the first month that is has been set up it will always come out of your account/credit card on the bill due date.
How can you pay the first payment if you do not have a credit card and you already set it up for pre-authorised payment? What happens if the first cycle goes and you have no way of paying, can the 2 bills go out in the same time from your bank account after the first cycle is complete without any trouble?
danny trifan wrote:

How can you pay the first payment if you do not have a credit card and you already set it up for ...

You kind of answered your own question. You would pay through the bank that you had set up for preauth payments.
I know that, but after I did set it up I seen a confusing text saying something about taking a full cycle and the first bill has to be paid with a credit card which I do not have yet.
danny trifan wrote:

I know that, but after I did set it up I seen a confusing text saying something about taking a fu...

You can just simply do a bank payment to pay it...