Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Post paid to prepaid

How long it takes to Koodo to switch an account from post paid to prepaid? I called them 2 days ago to have them do the switch and I see I am still connected to Koodo and I can use my phone. Am I missing something? I was told that my post paid sim card will not work anymore and I need to buy another one to use it on postpaid account. So obviously Koodo didn't switch my account 2 days after i requested this. Once again, how long does it take to do the switch?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you checked Self Serve as to what plan you're currently on? Have you topped up your account? I can't imagine your prepaid account being active and usable without any credit. Did you get a new SIM? If it's true that you need a different SIM, then I think it's safe to assume that you're still on your old plan if you didn't get a new card.
Userlevel 6
Hi there, if your prepaid account (with your new prepaid SIM card) still doesn't work, i suggest that you give us a call. Since the transfer shouldn't take that long, there is indeed a problem somewhere. Call us at *611 from your cell or 1-866-995-6636 from landline, option #5, and we'll have a look into it 🙂
At Fido or Rogers, you can switch between prepaid plan or post paid plan with the same sim card. Why is that not possible with Koodo? I Simcard is a simcard.. and the simcard looks identical for prepaid as it is with postpaid. It is not like FUtureshop/Bestbuy gives you a different simcard for prepaid or postpaid.. So DO I have to go to store and spend $10 to get a simcard from Futureshop ? I thought we were going green.. Here is see more waste, because someone in software didn't program the option to switch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

At Fido or Rogers, you can switch between prepaid plan or post paid plan with the same sim card. ...

It's $20 for a prepaid sim, and you do need one.
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

At Fido or Rogers, you can switch between prepaid plan or post paid plan with the same sim card. ...

That is even worse 😛
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

In third world countries, they give away simcard for free :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

Your argument is invalid. This is not a 3rd world country. But you do have what is called a first world problem.