Koodo Community
Question

Porting number from Telus Prepaid account to Koodo Prepaid account.

• 19 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a question about porting a number to Koodo prepaid. I am currently with Telus on a prepaid plan and would like to move to a Koodo prepaid account, as I feel the prepaid plans on Koodo are better for me. So my question is would it be possible to port a Telus prepaid number to a Koodo prepaid account? I am just worried that there might be a problem since it is a prepaid account

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as it's a prepaid account as well then youre fine.
So as long as I port my number from my Telus prepaid plan to a Koodo prepaid account, there should not be any problem? I also have a question about how long would take to port my number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's the same company so it's done rather quick. I remember it was very fast like same day when I switched 7 years ago.

That's right as long as it's to a prepaid account as you can't have postpaid and prepaid on the same account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Up to 15 minutes. Anything longer means something went wrong or you didn't restart your phone.
Userlevel 4
I replied "1-2 minutes." and it's removed? 😒 I timed these things. If anyone can prove me wrong, show a number port between Koodo and TELUS that takes more than 2 minutes after giving all the correct information and not during a maintenance, I will never come to this community again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I replied "1-2 minutes." and it's removed? 😒 I timed these things. If anyone can prove me wrong, show a number port between Koodo and TELUS that takes more than 2 minutes after giving all the correct information and not during a maintenance, I will never come to this community again.
Don't get so triggered 😉 I'm sure we'll see you again. Saying 1-2 minutes might not reflect all the experiences.
Userlevel 4
Saying 1-2 minutes might not reflect all the experiences.
My port from Virgin Mobile to Koodo took over 10 hours. Should I now tell everyone that it takes 10+ hours to port numbers because of one experience? Exceptions aren't the rule. It's max 2 minutes between Koodo and TELUS.