Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Porting my number to Koodo

Hi,

I just had a few questions about porting a number to Koodo. I am currently with Rogers postpaid and would like to move it to my Koodo prepaid account...

Does it matter which provider I am porting in from? Are some easier or more difficult to port from? (ie, Telus, Fido, Rogers, Chatr, etc. etc.) I'm not sure if everything is just done in one centralized place, so it wouldn't matter which provider someone were porting in from, or if the porting process entails Koodo contacting the provider and requesting the porting...

Here's the main reason I made this post... When my father passed away a few years ago, I managed to get his old Rogers landline number under his name as my new Rogers wireless number under my name.

I'd like to port it over to Koodo prepaid but I was worried that something might go wrong and I'd lose it. When I check the number's eligibility to move to Koodo on the website, the message I receive is: Yes, this number is eligible to move to Koodo Mobile. Call 1-866-99-Koodo or visit a Koodo retailer to submit a request.

I just thought I'd post this to see if anyone noticed any potential red flags or issues I might have when porting. I was curious to know if the porting process could get complicated or rejected, since it was once my dad's landline number and is now my wireless number. Also, I am in Ottawa and have not changed locations, so I can't see it being rejected because I changed cities or anything...

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mathieu 21 March 2016, 00:43

Hi Koodofan,

I've never heard of any issues when porting a phone number, Koodo will call Rogers, tell them to port your number over and it's sent over. It's very difficult for something to go wrong, You shouldn't have anything to worry about!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Koodofan,

I've never heard of any issues when porting a phone number, Koodo will call Rogers, tell them to port your number over and it's sent over. It's very difficult for something to go wrong, You shouldn't have anything to worry about!