Koodo Community

Community

Plans

I was with another company that will be expanding to Cornwall area really soon.. if koodo don't give better prepaid plans.. im gone.. this new company offers alot like unlimited across canada calls 24/7, unlimited texting,and free fb without a data plan.. it includes all the call waiting answer machine call display ect.... all for $40.00 a month... i pay 50.00 a month for koodo for local calling only !! and texting with call display and answer machine.. hummm choice wont be hard for me if koodo dont keep up!!!! these comparisins are both prepaid plans .... when is koodo going to offer unlimited across canada calling included in their plans and lower their rates for prepaid customers... soon i hope or i know alot of peeps that will be changing over once this other company comes to cornwall!!!!!

29 replies

Userlevel 4
Can you tell us what this company is called so proper research can be done? How many minutes do you actually use in your plan?
Userlevel 1
Really? I'd love to know who this company is. Also, threatening is not the best thing to do...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

Really? I'd love to know who this company is. Also, threatening is not the best thing to do...

Why not? She brings up some legit points. Where's the value in her current plan?
Userlevel 4
Starfox wrote:

I agree, Ivan.
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

It's just the idea of threatening a provider. It really chaps my a** when people do that. I hear my friends do it all the time. I see the posts on here about "do this or I'm leaving." Nothing agains the OP as a person but maybe, oh idk, "hey, Koodo. I noticed another provider has a better offer. I really don't want to leave but I might have to as a result of the savings." Doesn't seem so agressive that way.
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

I agree with Starfox. This whole blackmailing thing is stupid. If you are not happy with what you are getting pack up and go somewhere else. To go through the trouble of "if you don't do this I will leave" feels like something from grade 2. What pisses me off even more when some companies bow to these "screamers" and they end up getting a special deal. Meanwhile the ones that stuck out for years get nothing. Not a good way, in my mind, to keep someone loyal.
Userlevel 4
Starfox wrote:

The term is "credit seekers"
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

[i]"Meanwhile the ones that stuck out for years get nothing. Not a good way, in my mind, to keep someone loyal". That's a whole other topic in itself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The company can only be WIND Mobile, both due to plan price/features and the fact that they offer Facebook Zero. I'm not aware of any plans to expand their network to Cornwall though. Also, their $40 plan is not prepaid.
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

The company can only be WIND Mobile, both due to plan price/features and the fact that they offer...

http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/voice-plans.aspx#__utma=1.831652072.1377016665.1377016665.1377016665.1&__utmb=1.3.10.1377016665&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1377016665.1.1.utmgclid=COXY3Oe6jLkCFSVxQgodNFwAEg|utmccn=(not%20set)|utmcmd=(not%20set)|utmctr=wind&__utmv=-&__utmk=38880163 The $40 plan here is what you are referring to, right? I just want to make sure I'm looking at the right spot.
Well you can enjoy the roaming charges when you are out of your local calling area. Have fun!
yes it is WIND and yes they have promo... for 40.00 a month prepaid every second month! i was with them for over 5 years.. so yes i know.. and yes from top exec. at wind they have said they are coming to cornwall... and i was not threatening.. i was stating a fact! after all ..... if you are offered a better deal for the same thing or better from another company.. you would change too!!!
Userlevel 1
Donna Gordon- Tibbits wrote:

yes it is WIND and yes they have promo... for 40.00 a month prepaid every second month! i was wit...

Not if I was loyal to my current provider "if koodo don't give better prepaid plans.. im gone" To some, that would be a threat
Userlevel 2

yes it is WIND and yes they have promo... for 40.00 a month prepaid every second month! i was wit...

I would say that might be a 'threat' to koodo, if anything. Last time I checked Koodo wasn't a real person and doesn't participate on this board, so even if it was a 'threat', I'm not sure why anybody would be offended or agitated in the slightest by a remark that wasn't directed towards them...
Userlevel 1

A threat is a threat regardless of the target. many times I have threatened my table when I stub my toe and threaten a bird so it doesn't do its business on me.
Userlevel 2

Hopefully that bird doesn't press charges...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

threat: a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course; menace; Yep, seems to fit the definition.
Userlevel 2

The OP is also a consumer and can take her business wherever she wants, I don't see why some people around here seem to get upset when someone 'threatens' to do that. She also has every right to try and 'leverage' her future business if she fits. Koodo doesn't owe anyone anything, and vice versa. Koodo is a utility company, nothing more. Implying that you'll take your business elsewhere isn't the same as an "intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury"......or "menace". The Koodo kool-aid seems strong these days....
Userlevel 6

I'm kind of glad that Koodo doesn't do retentions, price-matching and all that stuff. It keep things simple, you know exactly what you're getting and at what price, and you know that nobody pays less than you do for the sole reason that they yapped louder than you. While other carriers [i]may offer better deals and all that, I stay with Koodo because they put every one of their customers on the exact same step of the ladder (the bottom one, mind you, but at least they're honest). I mean, let's assume you're with Rogers. You meet with a friend who also has Rogers. You compare plans and conclude that you have the exact same services, however, for some reason, your buddy pays less. Of course you feel betrayed, and you call up Rogers who end up feeding you some candy to appease your soul. Of course, it settles your problem, but they're still overcharging God knows how many more customers who haven't called to complain. Koodo makes everyone pay the same. Simple. Fair. Easy to manage. This is the reason I stay!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You call it leverage, I call it extortion. I have no problem with customers taking their business elsewhere. What I have a problem with is the statement "do this, or else...". If someone came up to you on the street and said that it would be a threat. It does not cease to be a threat because it isn't directed at an individual.
Userlevel 2

It's not extortion. Making a statement like that isn't an attempt to unlawfully obtain products or services through coercion. She's not holding a gun to anyone's head and threatening to pull the trigger if she doesn't get a better plan. I really don't get why you're trying to equate being upset with Koodo and threatening to leave, even if it's with an angry tone, to a serious criminal offence. Anyways, I agree with you that if someone on the street came up and make a demand/statement like that to me personally, I would be offended. However, keep in mind the OP isn't making any personal attacks to anyone here, she's talking about a utility company. I'm not sure why you seem to have a 'problem' with that, you don't need to stick up for Koodo when you're not working...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn't say it was a criminal offense, and neither did anyone else here. I said that it was a threat, and by acknowledging that she is "threatening to leave", so are you.
Userlevel 4

I think the problem lies with the "do this, or else..." that Timo stated earlier. Personally, I could care less what the customer does in the end, it's their money. They are free to spend it wherever they want. Working in customer service for as long as I have, I hear alot of people use that phrase to get what they want, but I also hear customers say "I really don't want to go to another provider because you have been great to me of the X amount of years. My finances seem to be less than before and I may need to switch to a cheaper carrier but I really don't want to." There are civil ways to handle issues like this, then there are the other ways. There are people out there that call into their provider and treat the agents like crap and expect to be given the world. Sorry, but that doesn't fly with me. Those are the people that tend to say "do this, or else..." On the other side of the coin there are very polite customers who use that same phrase with good intentions. Those are the people that any provider will try their best to keep. Negative Nancys and Disgruntled Davids are what gives the overall customer base a bad name. JUST TO BE CLEAR, THIS IS NOT WHAT I THINK OF THE OP AT ALL. I AM SPEAKING IN GENERAL TERMS.
Userlevel 6

Hey, I'm a rather happy David, not a disgruntled one 😛 We exist ya know 😃
Userlevel 4

Happy Harry...in your case, Terrific Topper