Koodo Community
Question

(phonenumber)@msg.koodomobile.com not working

has anybody able to use the e-mail to sms system using the (phonenumber)@msg.koodomobile.com (exchange brakcets and phonenumber for the recipient) I have tried several times sending to a koodomobile customer with no luck. anybody else able to use that function?? I have used my blackberry as well as my pc to try and send the messages. none of the e-mails get rejected and seem to send correctly but the text messaged never arrive to the recipients.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey Bill, hope I can help you out. The email to sms system itself is a fairly old system that hasn't been updated in a very long especially, especially with the popularity of unlimited text messaging and data packages. For those that have used the system though, it does work but only to send not to receive. For instructions on how to use the service please see below: 1. Open your email. 2. In the To field enter the person’s 10digitphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com (e.g. 4168730000@msg.koodomobile.com). 3. Write your message (Messages sent with over 136 characters to phones will be split in two). 4. Hit Send. FYI, by converting email to sms you are using data so if your data has been blocked this may be why it is not working.
Hey Bill, hope I can help you out. The email to sms system itself is a fairly old system that has...I have tried the solution proposed by Ashley Levy but the messages I receive on the phone cannot be read. At first they appear correctly with the sender address and the subject line but instead of the message body there is a button to download the MMS message. After pressing that button the whole message changes to "Hidden sender address: Error-permanent-message-not-found" Sometimes this happens by itself, that is, there is no download option but the message arrives as "permanent-message-not-found". Just to clarify: I do have data connection enabled. The email format is plain text and just a few characters long.
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to work with a koodomobile customer i have to use 10digitphonenumber@msg.telus.com, when i do that it sends it immediately.
Userlevel 1
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...Thanks for clearing that up Bill, I will share this with my Koodo team.
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...I just tried the same thing with the same results as Bill. Sending mail to msg.koodomobile.com does not seem to work but msg.telus.com does. Is there any update on the issue here? Oddly, the web interface at http://msg.koodomobile.com/msg/1.1/in_sendatextmessage.html does still work correctly.
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...I just tried using this same feature tonight, with no success.
Userlevel 1
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...Thanks everyone, this is great feedback!
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...The Telus email method worked fine for me tonight. Had been having issues with the Koodo email method. Thanks for the posts. Please update the user guide / instructions on the Koodo site.
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...wonderful!!! thanks, I was trying to figure out how to do that without a data plan 🙂
Userlevel 1
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...I just sent an sms to my phone using: 1. MDN@msg.telus.com 2. MDN@msg.koodomobile.com I did receive SMS through msg.telus.com But I did not receive it through msg.koodomobile.com I was told that this issue is still under investigation by koodo
Userlevel 2
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...Hey Mustapha; For something like this, you must also have your data turned on. This type of a message counts as an MMS and data must be turned on in order for MMS to be sent/received successfully 🙂.
Userlevel 1
the issue is that when i do the above to a koodomobile customer is does not work, to get it to wo...Thank you Mykec for your info, the problem is that I do'nt have any data service with koodo, so I will prefer use mdn@msg.telus.com Thx for your feedback
Userlevel 4
bill mair is right! A plain text email to #@msg.telus.com goes through immediately, but without any information about the sender. A plain text email to #@msg.koodomobile.com arrives as well, with the sender's email and the subject, but the rest has to be downloaded (even if it is very short). Both are not perfect, but I prefer the first one (msg.telus.com) over the second.