Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paying base with balance instead of credit card.

I have a balance on my prepaid account that will be just enough to cover my monthly base plan. I also have automatic authorized payments setup. How do I use my balance to pay my base this once instead of my credit card? Will it happen automatically since the balance is high enough?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can temporarily change your auto top up to $5 until your balance has been depleted... that way you still get your 10% discount credit 🙂
Sophia wrote:

You can temporarily change your auto top up to $5 until your balance has been depleted... that wa...

This didn't work and I was still charged to my credit card. I have a balance of $18.50 on my prepaid account. Because my base is $15, I get the 10% credit of $1.50 added every month. $18.50 is enough to pay off my $15 base for a month, but I don't know how to use it rather than my registered credit card. I don't want to unregister for automatic top-ups because that's how I saved the 10%.
This didn't work and I was still charged to my credit card. I have a balance of $18.50 on my prepaid account. Because my base is $15, I get the 10% credit of $1.50 added every month. $18.50 is enough to pay off my $15 base for a month, but I don't know how to use it rather than my registered credit card. I don't want to unregister for automatic top-ups because that's how I saved the 10%.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly didn't work? I have done this many times and when I lower the auto top up amount to $5, then $8.50 is used from my credit and $5 (plus tax) from my credit card.
I too have a credit of $91.00 on my account but they are still charging my credit card the $15.00 base fee. How can I get them to use the credit instead of charging my card?

Userlevel 7
Emily Thibault wrote:

I too have a credit of $91.00 on my account but they are still charging my credit card the $15.00...

Remove/stop automatic payments. Once you want it to charge your card again, add it again