Koodo Community

Community

Solved

On a monthly plan, if I know I'm going to go over my monthly minutes, can I (in advance) add a pre-paid booster?

I use my phone fairly minimally on average, however every now and then if I'm working from home, I'm in danger of going way over my minutes all in one go. This scenario presents itself really only a few times a year, and I'd like to avoid upping my monthly plan fee to include more minutes when 9 times out of 10 I wont use them. I noticed you offer "booster" minutes to prepaid customers. Am I able to purchase booster minutes in conjunction with a monthly plan, or are the booster packs only for prepaid customers? (ie if I know I'm going to go over my minutes that month, can I purchase booster minutes in advance of doing so?)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mackenzie, Alas, it is a super scenario, but it is not possible.... the prepaid boosters cannot be used with a plan. I LOVE the idea though!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
prepaid boosters are only for prepaid customers. There is currently no way to simply add more minutes to a monthly plan.
Userlevel 7
You may want to consider changing to one of the other plans that have unlimited minutes or unlimited incoming calls. Not sure what plan you're on now.
Thanks for your responses! Too bad 😞 As for the option of an unlimited plan... doesn't make sense for me. I use on average about 150 mins/month and my plan reflects this. On the odd occasion I might be in danger of going over it makes more sense to pay an overage charge once or twice/year than to pay for an unlimited monthly plan I'll almost never use...