Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No SIM card detected by my non-Koodo phone (Samsung Galxy Ace unlocked from France)

I bought a prepaid SIM card, I activated it and put a top-up voucher on it but I don't have any service on my phone. My phone is unlocked, it works with other SIM cards.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Nicolas, when you say you don't have service, does it say you are in emergency mode only? Have you tried manually selecting the network provider? What phone is it? Some phones work with Rogers/Fido/etc but not with Telus/Bell/Koodo etc... so it could be lots of things really 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Nicolas, when you say you don't have service, does it say you are in emergency mode only? Have...

Oh my apologies I just noticed you said it is a phone from France... if it works with Rogers (or their network) and not with Koodo, your phone is probably not suitable 😞 Edit: as I feared: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/android/GT-S5830OKAXEU Band 3G Band 900 / 2100 Koodo works on the 850/1900 band 😞 So sorry... I'm afraid you need another phone to work with Koodo!
Userlevel 7
Try this Goto settings wireless and networks, mobile networks Look for "use 2g only" or "Use GSM only " and make sure it isn't selected. Network selection should also be automatic.
Yes maybe that's a band problem. My phone works with 900/1800/1900 Thanks!