Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Sim Card

I'm trying to register a really old phone that doesn't have a sim card. It is a koodo phone, but I can't figure out how to do it without the sim card number. Any ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Take the battery out of the phone and look for an imei number. That's the number you'll need
Chad Burr wrote:

Take the battery out of the phone and look for an imei number. That's the number you'll need

I tried just entering that number and it still won't let me continue to activate it. Keeps saying I need the sim card number.
Userlevel 3
If it doesn't use the sim card you'll need to input the serial # of the phone in your self serve account. Click on Mobile phone/change phone and input the # in there.After you do this press *22803 on the handset to program the phone and press 1. The phone will reboot and you'll be good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Use the esn/meid of the phone.
I don't have a self serve account yet. It's an old phone but new to me.
Userlevel 7
Heather Lindsay wrote:

Are you currently a koodo customer?
Heather Lindsay wrote:

No I'm not. Trying to be. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're trying to activate on prepaid you can only use a sim card based phone.
Userlevel 3
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If you're trying to activate on prepaid you can only use a sim card based phone.

Timo is right. You'll need to use a phone with a sim card if it's prepaid. 😞
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Well dammit. Ok. Thanks everyone for your help.
Userlevel 3
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You're welcome! Hey yo ADRIAN!
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You should check kijiji you might pick up a cheap sim based koodo phone and be up and running in no time.
Really? That's not good news.