Koodo Community

no service

• 24 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Earlier this week I bought a new phone and switched carriers from Telus to Koodoo. My daughter is going to be using my old phone with a talk and text plan, so I ordered a sim card fron koodoo to put in my old phone. I activated the account online, but there is no service. She cannot call or text. Does anyome know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was a baseplan purchased?

Try restarting the phone, sometimes that is required to give the connection a kick start

Yes I purchased a base plan and I tried turning the phone off and on but it still won't work. I tried the sim card in my own phone and it didn't work either, so I guess I'm going to have to go to a koodoo store for help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you order a sim card from Koodo?  Was it prepaid or postpaid?

I didnt think you can order a prepaid sim from Koodo online unless you from ebay or amazon.

I ordered it from amazon, from the link posted on koodoo's website

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I ordered it from amazon, from the link posted on koodoo's website

On the phone does it say no service or no sim?

Can you check your self serve to make sure the sim number you entered was correct?

The phone has no message about the sim, it just says no service when I try to send a text. When I go into settings to look at the network, it says no network found.

I went into self serve and went to "change sim card" and typed it in again, just in case I had tyoed it wrong the first time. It said the change was successful, but there is still no service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try the SIM card in your new phone, just to test Kim? If it doesn’t work there either, it might be a faulty SIM card (it happens). Make sure you reboot the phone as well!

I did try it in my new phone and it didn't work with it either. I assume it must be a problem with the sim card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, I believe we have exhausted all options by now :) So I guess you will need to purchase another SIM card, or hope that the store is kind enough to replace it for you...