Koodo Community
Solved

No Reception

I activated my prepaid sim card last night. It says activated in self serve but still no signal. Did powercycle, reset network settings and restart the phone. It’s been 12 hrs, still no signal. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 4 June 2021, 19:40

Yes but I am just using the call & text plan. I also tried another phone. Still the same. But tests from my friend is seen in usage history

Just to confirm you tried the sim in another confirmed working phone and you still can't successfully send or receive texts? 

A few things... Is this your one and only sim card? You didn't mix it up with another sim? Can a friend or family member try their working sim in your phone to see if the phone is not the issue? At the same time you can try your sim into their phone to confirm that it  is a sim issue. 

Hi Dennis, Thanks for your input. I have a colleague and they have working sim, he removed his sim and put mine but still not working. Mine has no signal

There may be an issue with your SIM card. You may need to get a replacement SIM card. You will need to go to your nearest Koodo store to get one. Follow the instructions at the link below to swap your old SIM card with your new one on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I activated my prepaid sim card last night. It says activated in self serve but still no signal. Did powercycle, reset network settings and restart the phone. It’s been 12 hrs, still no signal. Thanks. 

Did you check your APN settings? Is it set to sp.koodo.com?

Yes but I am just using the call & text plan. I also tried another phone. Still the same. But tests from my friend is seen in usage history

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by : tests from my friend is seen in usage history

What do you mean by : tests from my friend is seen in usage history

They sent me a text and seen in usage history in self serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to confirm you tried the sim in another confirmed working phone and you still can't successfully send or receive texts? 

A few things... Is this your one and only sim card? You didn't mix it up with another sim? Can a friend or family member try their working sim in your phone to see if the phone is not the issue? At the same time you can try your sim into their phone to confirm that it  is a sim issue. 

Hi Dennis, Thanks for your input. I have a colleague and they have working sim, he removed his sim and put mine but still not working. Mine has no signal

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There may be an issue with your SIM card. You may need to get a replacement SIM card. You will need to go to your nearest Koodo store to get one. Follow the instructions at the link below to swap your old SIM card with your new one on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support