Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 No Tab to Koodo Prepaid?

If I was to buy a Nexus 5 online for 350 with no tab, would I be able to use the included SIM with a new koodo prepaid account, or would I have to be on a postpaid monthly plan? If it has to be postpaid, would it be possible to get out of that plan after the first month and switch to prepaid then? The 100$ difference to buy the "prepaid" version is too much to ignore.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
If you want the Nexus 5 for $350, you must purchase it and activate it on a monthly plan. This requires 2 pieces of government issued ID, one being a photo ID and a credit check is required. You can choose to cancel your service after the first month and THEN purchase a Prepaid Koodo Sim Card and activate it and use it with the Nexus 5. But no you can't just buy it for $350 and activate it on prepaid.
Okay, so I know I want to go with Koodo prepaid as opposed to other carriers, then to save a little money I could order the 350$ one, use the monthly rate for one month and cancel as opposed to purchasing the 450$ one outright? Ps thanks for such a fast reply!
Userlevel 7
Teremiah wrote:

Okay, so I know I want to go with Koodo prepaid as opposed to other carriers, then to save a litt...

Yes you can do that. No problem 🙂
Teremiah wrote:

Okay, so I know I want to go with Koodo prepaid as opposed to other carriers, then to save a litt...

Thank you so much! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Also note that a credit check will be done if looking for a tab option even if it's a no tab.