Koodo Community

New sim card, no service

• 31 August 2020
  • 12 replies

I bought and activated a new prepaid sim card 3 days ago, but there has been no signal whatsoever. I restarted my phone, my network settings, even factory reset my phone but still no service os showing with the sim and Koodo has coverage in my area. Without service I’m unable to set up my selfserve.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone is it? Where did you get it?

It’s an iPhone XR, and I bought it from Apple

Userlevel 7

Is it possible that the newly bought iPhone XR is locked?  Can you check the Koodo SIM with another unlocked phone to rule out iPhone XR (setup or lock) as the source of the problem?

The phone isn’t locked. I tried it with another sim of mine and the service was working fine. Plus I checked my IMEDI which confirmed it’s unlocked. and I bought the phone a year ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would it be possible for you to try the SIM card in another phone? Almost sounds like it might be faulty, since you basically ruled out all other causes.

Userlevel 7

How do you know that  the activation of the SIM was successful ? Checking it on another phone is one way. The other is to contact Koodo to verify successful SIM activation.

I just tried the sim on another phone. It sill said no service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked self serve if your account is actually active? If it is, more than likely the SIM card is broken/faulty. You can order one from eBay or Amazon (make sure you select the prepaid version!) and activate that instead.

Userlevel 7

No service may also be attributed to SIM not being recognized as activated (you mentioned before that your phone is unlocked). Try to contact Koodo  (chat and/or callback) to verify successful Koodo SIM activation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you login to your prepaid self serve as Sophia asked?

no, I can’t register for it as I have no service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

no, I can’t register for it as I have no service.

Hmmm. You mentioned that you bought and activated a new prepaid sim. How did you activate it? 

Did you go through this process?

https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/