Koodo Community

Community

New sim card

Userlevel 2
I just switched phones and needed a new sim card as I needed a nano (had a micro) and was just wondering, does Koodo not offer the $20 credit like they used to for buying a sim card? Or is that only for new activations?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
It is only for new prepaid activations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check if your SIm card is not a tricut version, Beth... all of the newer ones are and you'll just need to punch out the smaller version.
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Check if your SIm card is not a tricut version, Beth... all of the newer ones are and you'll just...

My old sim card was just a micro - it was 2 years old, before they were tricut I believe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Check if your SIm card is not a tricut version, Beth... all of the newer ones are and you'll just...

Ok 🙂 just didn't want you to spend the money unnecessarily.
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Thank you anyway 🙂 I had already purchased and activated the sim a few days ago anyways.
this is for Chad. I want to activate my new iPhone but want to stay with koodo and have the same number

Userlevel 7
Janice Carr wrote:

this is for Chad. I want to activate my new iPhone but want to stay with koodo and have the ...

Assuming your Iphone is from Koodo, Telus, or unlocked, and assuming your current sim card is a nano sim. All you need to do is insert your sim into your new phone.