Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New prepaid sim card on unlocked phone not working

I just bought a prepaid sim from koodo and used the self serve to switch over my number but I am unable to make/receive any calls or texts. The error message 'Proactive command rejected by ME' keeps coming up and i'm at a loss of what to do so any help would be appreciated! Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone is it? Try this first: remove the SIM card for a few minutes as well as the battery, then switch it back on, see if that helps 🙂
It's a Samsung Genio qwerty. Just tried that and it had no effect, thank you though!
Userlevel 5
no no wrote:

It's a Samsung Genio qwerty. Just tried that and it had no effect, thank you though!

did you check to see it the phone is compatibale with koodo? you can here by clicking on this link http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml
no no wrote:

Ahh ok that's the problem then. Thanks for all the help! I'll try and see if I can find a cheap handset somewhere then, i'm only in Canada until April so don't want something expensive. Do you know if a lot of phones aren't compatible with Koodo?
Userlevel 5
no no wrote:

just most phones that are from international countries dont work with koodo. check out kijiji theres allot of people selling koodo phones on there for cheap 🙂
Do incoming calls work?