Koodo Community

Community

Solved

new prepaid SIM card - can't log in, doesn't recognize email&password and can't use data

Hi, I bought a prepaid SIM card yesterday around these hours. I activated it online just after I bought it. I chose my base plan and included a booster. But now I am trying to log in but the website doesn't recognize my email&password. It says "We have no record of an account matching the username or email address you have entered" . I can send text messages but the can't use the data booster yet. What can I do besides wait?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
I'd contact prepaid customer service. Ensure that your account is active and to also see which e-mail is tied to your account.
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a talk booster. Can I still call them? I activated my account yesterday. I can send text messages. That means it's active right? I use only one email adress.
Userlevel 6
Cemnur Tancıl wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a talk booster. Can I still call them? I activated my acc...

Hi Cemnur, you can indeed call us form your phone by dialing *611 (the call is free). You can also contact us at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, #5. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
I'm having the same problem with koodo not recognizing my email and customer service isn't available @ 2am. I am from the states and traveling across the country and just purchased the phone once I got to Winnipeg, they activated it at the kiosk in because I didn't have internet access. It worked fine and the mall and then I tried to use it to find a hotel and it told me that the plan wasn't Canada-wide like I thought I'd purchased. I am traveling through the country in the middle of the night & I don't have service. I'm am trying to see why plan isn't set up correctly but koodo isn't recognizing my email or password. This really is a safety issue, could someone please help me?
Userlevel 3
I would first recommend calling koodo customer service. Customer service will tell you to make a new account or they will give you more procedures to go through. And for not getting service, Koodo bands are weak compared with other carriers in the countryside, so I would recommend changing to another carrier if getting reception is your main problem in the countryside.
I tried customer service but they don't work until 10am! And if I didn't already drop $80 on a prepaid plan, I think I would take my service elsewhere. It really is a safety issue traveling the country in the winter at night only to realize 30 miles later that I don't have a working phone and no one to help me until 10am! But thanks for trying Eugene
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may be outside the small area of coverage in Manitoba. http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps