Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New prepaid sim card

Userlevel 2
I decided to use a different phone with my prepaid account and it requires a micro sim card, and I currently have a mini sim. If I purchase one from the Koodo kiosk I'm assuming the $20 credit is only for first time accounts, and not for myself who has a current account?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Actually, once it's activated, the credit is applied to your account - existing customer or not. Which is cool. Unlike the "bonus.gifts" given to postpaid customers.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Actually, once it's activated, the credit is applied to your account - existing customer or not. ...

I'm afraid it does not, Jonathan. I once swapped my prepaid SIM and did [i]NOT receive an extra 20$ into my account. You only get it when setting up a new prepaid acct. Existing accounts with a new SIM get nothing.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Actually, once it's activated, the credit is applied to your account - existing customer or not. ...

David is correct Jonathan. I also did the same thing, what you said was supposed to happen didn't. It's a one time credit for when you first activate onto prepaid.