Koodo Community

new prepaid sim. but getting no service

• 25 February 2021
  • 14 replies

Hi,

I received my new prepaid sim today (ordered online). I have activated it online. My online self-serve account shows that my account is activated. I inserted the sim into my unlocked cellphone but I do not have any network service. I have tried everything suggested on the website. I have reset my network, but still no service. The robot chat system does not recognize my new number and is not helpful. I do not have any other number to  ask for a call back appointment. Does anyone know what the problem is?  

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you port in your prepaid number?

No it was a new number.

Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you using and where did you get it from? 

I have the same issue. I currently have 2 sim cards with Koodo, one on a monthly plan and one prepaid. The prepaid one was activated online but I'm not getting any service on it while the other one is working just fine. Currently using a Samsung galaxy S10+

Userlevel 2

Did you put any money on the pre paid one?

Yes I added the $15 top up voucher 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I added the $15 top up voucher 

Can you put your prepaid SIM into other phone and if it works?

Yes I've tried the sim card  on 2 different phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

She meant try it in another phone to rule out that the card isn't defective.

Edit: oh I see you edited your reply :) just one last question then: can you log in to self serve and does it show as active?

That may be the case, I just received it from Amazon yesterday. Got it all set up, activated, and topped up. My phones won't recognize it as a sim card.

And yes, it does say Active on self serve 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, then it's probably a safe bet that the SIM is faulty. It happened to me too once so it is probably not rare for it to happen....

Okay, I'll take it to Koodo and see if I can get it replaced. Thanks Sophia