Koodo Community

Community

Solved

new phone

i want to transfer my number to a new phone on a prepaid plan.  I have the phone but do I need a new sim card or do we just transfer the old Sim to the new phone? (going from an Iphone 4s to a iphone 5s)  I

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Sandy,

You will need a new SIM card as the new iPhone takes a smaller SIM card. Once you have the new SIM card you can transfer your account to the new SIM card.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Sandy,

You will need a new SIM card as the new iPhone takes a smaller SIM card. Once you have...

when i log into self serve for prepaid i don' t see the option of activating a new sim card. when i go to the activate.prepaid.koodo it wants me to set up a new account. not sure how to do this and transfer the account to the new phone

Userlevel 6
Hi Sandy,

As Mathieu mentioned, you will have to visit a Koodo Shop and purchase a nano sim for your iPhone 5S. It costs $20 but you get the $20 back as a credit to any plan or booster you choose. If you do automatic pre-authorized with a credit card, you get 10% rebate each month and a free 100 Canada-wide minutes.

Have a great day!
do i have to create a new account to activate the new prepaid sim card?  I don't see the option to do this when i log in to prepaid self serve

Userlevel 7
Sandy Tremblay wrote:

do i have to create a new account to activate the new prepaid sim card?  I don't see the opt...

You should see something like "upgrade phone" it will be under that section and will ask you for the new SIM card's number.
Userlevel 7
Sandy Tremblay wrote:

do i have to create a new account to activate the new prepaid sim card?  I don't see the opt...

More specifically it would be base plans and boosters> change sim card. Hope that helps Sandy 🙂
Sandy Tremblay wrote:

THanks I finally found it.  you have to go to base plans and then go to change sim card.  Yikes!  thanks for your help