Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need some info there

how do i get off of my prepaid koodo plan. I would like to know the location of the store where can I talk about it. My battery battery is bulking,(not posssible to use it cuz it got too big and doesn't fit the phone lol) I'm pretty sure that my warranty is over, and the cost of replacing a battery way too high. I still have to pay around 14% of the phones price, before it becomes mine, is there any possibility to return the phone?

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Phone can't be returned after 14 days from the day of purchase. As for your plan, I believe you just use up what's left and that's that.
thanks, can i just off the those 14% that are left and forget about monthly payments?
Userlevel 6
You are not on prepaid if you still owe money on the phone. You are on a monthly plan. How the heck is your battery "bulking"?
they said something about paying off the phone price and getting of the plan it's bulking in the straight meaning of that word. I guess it might be happening because it spend lots of time sitting on the charger..some chemical reaction occurred that provoked lithium and other chemicals in it to increase their are..therefore the battery size has increased
Userlevel 2
You can't owe money on the phone if you're on a prepaid plan.
than I'm not on prepaid i guees
Userlevel 7
If you're on prepaid, you don't "pay off" a phone. You have to bring your own device from elsewhere or buy one from Koodo outright. There's no subsidizing. Basically, do you get a bill? If yes, you're on a monthly plan and you have a Tab balance, which is what you would pay off and then upgrade. If not, you're on prepaid, so you have a base plan + any boosters you want to add on. It's not worth replacing the battery if your Tab balance is low enough to consider getting rid of to upgrade, but the other thing that's confusing me is your usage of a %. It's a straight dollar amount, not a %.
ok lets assume that I'm not on prepaid,can I payy of those 14% of the phones price and get rid of the plan? phone doesn't function anymore I'm paying and i'm paying for having it sitting on the shelf
Userlevel 2
Lino D wrote:

ok lets assume that I'm not on prepaid,can I payy of those 14% of the phones price and get rid of...

I'm not understanding this 14% bit...
Userlevel 2
Lino D wrote:

ok lets assume that I'm not on prepaid,can I payy of those 14% of the phones price and get rid of...

You can call Koodo and cancel your plan. Koodo will send you a final invoice with the remaining price of the phone (Tab) and the portion of your plan up to the cancellation request.
Userlevel 7
I think you're looking in the wrong place for a replacement battery, what phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Oh and seriously, stop charging the phone, a bulging battery is never a good thing and theoretically could damage you or your phone.
well that's not a big difference, i just like using the % do I have to get an update? Is there any chance to get off the plan without being charged? and yes I have one add on,
Userlevel 2
Lino D wrote:

well that's not a big difference, i just like using the % do I have to get an update? Is there a...

You can call and cancel the account. Whatever you have remaining on the tab as negative balance you are responsible for paying.
yes, I dont charge it anymore, the battery might "explode" causing fire and staff..
Userlevel 7
Lino D wrote:

yes, I dont charge it anymore, the battery might "explode" causing fire and staff..

What phone is it?
Lino D wrote:

an old galaxy ace bought don't remember when i got it but that changes nothing
Userlevel 7
Lino D wrote:

See here for determining your charges: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how_do_i_determine_early_termination_fees See here for cheap replacement battery: http://m.ebay.com/itm/300968409624?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Lino D wrote:

thanks that helps