Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My Unlocked GSM phone can't send or receive texts.

Hi, my phone is a BLU unlocked gsm. I recently changed to koodo prepaid plans but I can't send nor receive texts. Earlier today it worked but now it sends on telus and it doesn't work. Anyone know the problem. I tried many times start and remove all pieces and even called a koodo representative still no help.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is the exact model? Can you check that it's compatible with Koodo by looking at willmyphonework.net? What troubleshooting did the rep take you through?
Goran wrote:

What is the exact model? Can you check that it's compatible with Koodo by looking at willmyphonew...

Blu Studio selfie and yeah it's compatible in 3g network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

What is the exact model? Can you check that it's compatible with Koodo by looking at willmyphonew...

Did you do as Bob suggested and checked that the Sim is in th proper non-2g only slot?
Goran wrote:

How do I know which sim slot is what ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The manual or sim slots themselves should say. If you just cant find it try the other then then like Paul suggested. Usually 2 is 2G and doubles for SD card. All depends.
Goran wrote:

My phone calling works but texts aren't received by my friends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it dual SIM (have 2 different slots for SIM cards? If so have you tried the other SIM slot? Go to network settings and manually search for towers in your area to connect to. When a list of carriers pops up after a minute or so then select Koodo manually. So go to settings - mobile networks - network operators - search for networks - then select Koodo. Also make sure in network type it's not set to 2g or gsm only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it dual SIM (have 2 different slots for SIM cards? If so have you tried the other SIM slot? ...

Swap the SIM slot like Paul suggested. Many dual SIM phones only support 2G in the second slot. So technically your phone may be advertsied to work on Koodo, AT&T or whatever common 3G networks are out there, but only if you are using a specific SIM slot.

Is it dual SIM (have 2 different slots for SIM cards? If so have you tried the other SIM slot? ...

Paul Deschamps I wen't on network operators and waited a few mins for the search. I saw Koodo 3g  and pressed on it. It said registered to network and brought me back to the previous page. I tried sending a text afterwards and telus still pops up.

Or is there a PLMN for koodo. I have an option for preferred networks. I scrolled but could'nt find koodo only telus and like 40 others. If i have a PLMN or network Id i can connect manually.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check your APN settings and make sure they're set to those of Koodo's settings.
Userlevel 6
Hey Justin , is it working now? I see that you called us in and inquired about a port in. Keep us posted!