Koodo Community
Question

My Prepaid Plan Is Bugged

• 25 September 2021
  • 13 replies

I tried to change my pre paid plan a couple days ago. While attempting to do so the website would load forever then eventually fail…. After i already added funds to my account to allow me to change my plan. 

Now my account is stuck in some kind of limbo. It shows i am on this new plan, but my data does not work, and it shows that ill be charged in 2 days for the amount of money that my old plan used to cost. 

Not only that, but my data does not work. Whenever i turn off my wifi, i get a notification to “Sign into koodo”

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From your description, your texting and calling worked normally? How about your photo messaging (MMS)? 

I am just wondering if you accidentally disabled cellular (mobile) data in your phone. Could you recheck it? Also I recommend you reset network settings of the phone and see if it can do anything. 

From your description, your texting and calling worked normally? How about your photo messaging (MMS)? 

I am just wondering if you accidentally disabled cellular (mobile) data in your phone. Could you recheck it? Also I recommend you reset network settings of the phone and see if it can do anything. 

Data is turned on and i can receive mms

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you can received and sent mms, the problem could be from Koodo end. I will flag a rep. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Eric Lamoureux 

Were you able to use data before attempting the plan change? 

Hi @Eric Lamoureux 

Were you able to use data before attempting the plan change? 

Hi, 

My old plan had 250mb of data. Up until the date i attempted to change my plan, the mobile data worked. 

I think its possible that i used the 250 mb available with my old plan. That still doesnt explain why it shows i am on the new $45 a month plan, while also acting like im still on my old plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try re-starting the phone to refresh handset connection to the mother ship. If you ran out of data without a booster to continue, it may still think it’s in a lock-out condition.

A restart made no change. I'll update tomorrow when Koodo starts it's next cycle and hope it all corrects itself. Thanks for all the help everyone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you also check transaction history?

I see the balance says $45 on your screenshot.  Does the transaction is showing you how much you added and applied $45 plan, and remaining amount correctly?

So the plan renewed and deducted $25 from my balance. It still shows i am on the $45 plan, but below it shows different

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's strange that your current plan says $45..

But, on transaction history:                                    You added funds on Sep 17th. But didn't switch to $45 plan - it didn't charged $45 to switch over. Then on Sep 27th, it seems renewed on same $25 plan again. - They only deducted $25.

Transaction history and your base plan don't seem to match.

It's strange that your current plan says $45..

But, on transaction history:                                    You added funds on Sep 17th. But didn't switch to $45 plan - it didn't charged $45 to switch over. Then on Sep 27th, it seems renewed on same $25 plan again. - They only deducted $25.

Transaction history and your base plan don't seem to match.

That's exactly my problem. Do you think I need to go in person to have it corrected? I have no way of correcting it online 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's exactly my problem. Do you think I need to go in person to have it corrected? I have no way of correcting it online 

I also have flagged this. Hopefully one of rep can take look into it 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! At this point, it would be best for our colleagues from the prepaid department to have a look into it. You can schedule a callback with an agent at koodomobile.com/chat. Please keep us posted if you need more help.