Koodo Community

My credit rating has been ruined by Koodo, and no one will help!

• 29 August 2018
  • 4 replies

My credit rating has been ruined by Koodo, and no one will help! I’ve been a faithful Koodo customer for years now. I’ve brought most of my family to Koodo because I was so pleased with the service. That is up until recently. Approximately 4 years ago I switched from a monthly customer to a prepaid customer to keep my phone number while I was out of the country. When I returned I switched back once again to monthly. Just over three years later I check my credit score, and it turns out I owe Koodo $11.69 from my time as a prepaid customer. At no time in the between did I receive one phone call, one email, or one letter in the mail requesting this payment. According to the person I talked to when I called in, Koodo doesn’t send anything under $50 to collections. So how does Koodo justify ruining my credit on a debt I don’t know exists???? I’m disappointed and frustrated to say the least. I’ve received no help when I call in. Suggestions appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For prepaid? That shouldn't be a thing. You need to fund your account to even purchase anything for prepaid. The whole point is so you don't owe anything. Are you sure it doesn't go back to your previous postpaid? A rep here might be able to take it up and look into it. Otherwise I can suggest just paying it off with whatever collection agency has the debt now. I guess Koodo made an exception with the 50 dollar thing if that's even a rule. And you stills e service currently with Koodo?
Hi Goran. I thought the same thing but the issue was attached to the account number from my prepaid account. So I don’t understand. Regardless, the issue is that my credit has gone from great to terrible over a trifle amount of money that no one bothered trying to collect from me. Clearly Koodo has all my contact details. I paid the debt as soon as I found out about it. The continuing problem is that it’s still attached to my credit report, as three years of unpaid debt. The Koodo reps I’ve talked to said they will not remove the debt from my credit score, as it’s a justified debt. How is it justified attaching a outstanding debt such as this to my credit report and not actually trying to collect it???
And yes I’m still with Koodo. For now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Goran. I thought the same thing but the issue was attached to the account number from my prepa...I will echo what Goran said, how can you have a balance owing for prepaid? You should ask the koodo rep this. Prepaid by definition requires you to pre pay before use, resulting in no overages