Koodo Community
Solved

Must know bottom line so I can ask for the funding I need

I am writing from B.C. I am applying for funding to cover the cost of a cell phone. I see your amounts in the "Koodo facts" brochure. Can I expect there to be additional charges as well? I want to ask for all the money I need so I don't want any after-the-fact surprises.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just taxes, 911 fee if applicable in your province, and any overage that you might incur if you do not properly manage your usage and go over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Just taxes, 911 fee if applicable in your province, and any overage that you might incur if you d...

Oh and a cell phone, any cases or screen protector, and any extra insurance you may want to put on the phone incase you break it.
Userlevel 4
Just curious. You're "applying for funding"? Care to share who's the potential funder? Is their some government org that provides cell phones to people in BC?
Applying for funding for a non-profit society from a private funder. The government is no involved in this particular request.
Userlevel 4
It really depends on your usage. There will be extra charges if you use more than the minutes or data included in your plan. Also, ff there are premium text messages sent by you or sent to you, there will be extra charges. International calls you initiate and international roaming are also extra. If you travel to another province and you incur any extra charges (like an international call) you will be charged the tax of that province, which may be higher than BC's tax rate. HTH
Userlevel 4
PS: With Koodo's prepaid offer, they charge long distance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel AJ wrote:

PS: With Koodo's prepaid offer, they charge long distance.

Not with the talk boosters. They are canada wide