Koodo Community
Question

Mr

• 29 August 2020
  • 12 replies

My name is Bill. I am new to cell phones so know very little re buying minutes to use when I am away from my landline. I plan on making a short trip next week and would like to have the comfort of a phone while away from home but am having exceedingly frustrating times to set this up. Koodeo will not accept my e-mail address which I have had for 20+ years

12 replies

How does one get to talk to a real person at Koodo.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you just trying to register for prepaid for the first time or have you already done so successfully, and can’t log in now for whatever reason?

To set up a new account, you only need an email address, a prepaid SIM, and a valid Canadian credit card or prepaid voucher avaialble at many gas stations.

When I try to sign in I am told that my e-mail belongs to someone else. I purchased a sim card on July 20 along with a $25 prepaid credit, However that has now expired and I would like to buy some prepaid minutes for use on a short trip away from home for emergency use in case needed. I can’t seem to get anywhere with the automated chat. I would prefer to deal with a live person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If Koodo is not happy with your email address, get another one. They only want a valid one that doesn’t conflict with something they have on file.

I’m so frustrated with Koodo that I will look for another provider. I should not have to bow to them by changing an e-mail address that I have had for 20+ years. Why would they have my  e-mail address on file as belonging to some one else? Everyone else accepts that  it is my e-mail address which to my knowledge has never been compromised

My sims card was activated when I originally purchased the $25 prepaid minutes. Why can I not just go on line and purchase more minutes as I need them? Koodo are making it very difficult for those not familiar with cell phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m so frustrated with Koodo that I will look for another provider. I should not have to bow to them by changing an e-mail address that I have had for 20+ years. Why would they have my  e-mail address on file as belonging to some one else? Everyone else accepts that  it is my e-mail address which to my knowledge has never been compromised

Could it be that the store set up your account with your own email address? Did they provide you with a password by any chance? If you don’t know your password, I suggest you send a PM to Koodo through Facebook or Twitter private messenger requesting a password reset (and verifying your email address).

Until your email woes are sorted, you can try to add a booster with minutes by calling 611, I’m afraid that won’t get you a human being either but hopefully it will help you to add some minutes.

Agree the process should be a lot easier!

You ask whether the store set up my account with my own e-mail address. Whose address should they have used? Yes they gave me password but that does not seem to be the problem. Talking to robots seems to be a waste of time. They have a one track mind and will not accept anything that to them is not in their realm of thought. Will try 611 but am sceptical it will do any good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You ask whether the store set up my account with my own e-mail address. Whose address should they have used? Yes they gave me password but that does not seem to be the problem. Talking to robots seems to be a waste of time. They have a one track mind and will not accept anything that to them is not in their realm of thought. Will try 611 but am sceptical it will do any good.

So, you have username/e-mail address and password for prepaid self account?

Did you use "Prepaid" login? There are 2 login - 1 for prepaid and 1for postpaid.

You mentioned "When I try to sign in I am told that my e-mail belongs to someone else". It sound like you are trying to register new account..

Thanks Mayumi! You unlocked the solution and I am now able to access my account. All is well and I have now added minutes to my account. I logged on to “prepaid”. It was not clear that that was where I should log in. Someone needs to clarify that on the log in site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Seems pretty clear to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Mayumi! You unlocked the solution and I am now able to access my account. All is well and I have now added minutes to my account. I logged on to “prepaid”. It was not clear that that was where I should log in. Someone needs to clarify that on the log in site.

I'm glad you got solution 😊  Come back anytime if you have more questions 👍