Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moving to the Dark Side

Userlevel 1
I am a current Koodo customer, soon to become a "Prepaid Customer"!! If I activate the prepaid SIM card and still have days left in my current billing cycle, will I receive a credit for the unused days? (Sophia?)

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will be billed up until the day you cancel or port your # to a prepaid account and no more than till that date. So if you've overpaid then you will receive a credit
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You will be billed up until the day you cancel or port your # to a prepaid account and no more th...

Thanks, Paul. I kinda thought things would work out. It's just nice to get confirmation.
Userlevel 6

You will be billed up until the day you cancel or port your # to a prepaid account and no more th...

Hi there, you will actually still be billed until the end of the current billing cycle (remember that you're charged a month in advance). Whenever a number is ported out, it automatically sets the cancellation for the end of the billing cycle. Thank you!
Userlevel 1

I think I need to disagree with you, Yannick. As of today, I have 10 days left in my billing cycle and my monthly bill has already been adjusted to reflect the cancellation of services.
Userlevel 6

I would wait for your next bill as Self Serve would normally not display unbilled charges or incoming credits. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once the port in to Prepaid is complete, the postpaid account is cancelled immediately. This is documented in the Koodo help files under Postpaid to Prepaid Migration.
Userlevel 6

My bad! This is indeed the one time where it gets cancelled immediately 🙂 Thank you for pointing it out Timo!
Userlevel 1

WHAT?!?! Are Paul and myself chopped liver?!?!?! LOL.
Userlevel 3

Props to Timo! He is good...!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

More props to Paul who was the first to answer and then flyersfan himself who pointed it out next 😛 Teasing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

;-)
Userlevel 6
Hey there! I'm on prepaid, and it's nice and full of sunshine and singing birds, m'kay? :oD We also have candy trees and houses made of chocolate!
Userlevel 1
COOL!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
^^^^^^^^^^^ now THAT's more like it! We also have cookies that we made from the dough left in our pockets 😃
Userlevel 1
Userlevel 1
@Sophia I found your cookies!!

Userlevel 3
flyersfan wrote:

@Sophia I found your cookies!! [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo...

Yummy! How about my boxing gloves?:)
Userlevel 1
@Rocky You were on the BIG screen at the Flyers last playoff game!! LOL!!

Userlevel 3
flyersfan wrote:

@Rocky You were on the BIG screen at the Flyers last playoff game!! LOL!! [img]http...

That I was so was my wife Adrianne!