Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moving my number from Bell to Koodo

Do I have to visit a kiosk to have my phone number moved to Koodo? I have prepaid service with bell and want to move to Koodo, The phone I have is over 9 years old and is now starting to turn off by itself. The phones that Bell has for prepaid are way too expensive, I have seen some on Koodo website and these are much more affordable for me. Also want to know if prepaid service from Koodo will work in my area?

4 replies

If bell works in your area you will definitely have service as they share towers. As for porting your number over it would be a lot faster if you visited the kiosk as you will get your new sim and activation on the spot. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

If bell works in your area you will definitely have service as they share towers. As for porting ...

Keep in mind when porting a # over to Koodo the account with the other provider must be still active at the time of the port.
Userlevel 6
Bell prepaid account to Koodo prepaid. I am not sure if that will work, possibly contact our customer service if it works.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Bell prepaid account to Koodo prepaid. I am not sure if that will work, possibly contact our cust...

It will work, as long as the number is from the same local service area 🙂