Koodo Community
Question

Moving Koodo prepaid SIM between phones

• 17 December 2012
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have a question regarding Koodo prepaid SIMs please. Family will be coming from Europe with their unlocked phones and I have purchased two Koodo prepaid SIMs for them. In order to activate them do I need to have their phones' IMEI numbers or can I just use one of mine? Are the SIM cards portable between phones once activated? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The # on the SIM Cards is what you use as the imei # when activating. The SIM Cards get activated not the phones. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Thank yoy, KID ANDROID. As it turns out the IMEIwas not even a mandatory parameter in tne activation process. I simply left it blank, and the activated SIM works in any phone.
Userlevel 6
Thank yoy, KID ANDROID. As it turns out the IMEIwas not even a mandatory parameter in tne activat...Nice, I do the same thing for my family when they visit ... gotta love unlocked phones, eh?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank yoy, KID ANDROID. As it turns out the IMEIwas not even a mandatory parameter in tne activat...Glad you got it working Roberto. Have yourself a great Holiday and if you have any further questions feel free to come back to the forum and we can do our best to assist you. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Thank yoy, KID ANDROID. As it turns out the IMEIwas not even a mandatory parameter in tne activat...Thanks again, and happy holidays!