Koodo Community
Solved

Motorola Moto E phone

• 6 September 2020
  • 8 replies

I want to get a Koodo prepaid plan. I am trying to find out if the Motorola Moto E phone works with Koodo prepaid plans.

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 6 September 2020, 21:30

Whatever phone you currently have with Bell will work with Koodo provided it’s unlocked. No reason to fork over $$$ for a new handset if you are happy with the current hardware.

View original

8 replies

Badge +4

Yes! The Motorola Moto E will work with Koodo prepaid plans. Koodo sells the Moto E in select stores. For more information, click here and here.

Userlevel 7

Original, pre 2015  Motorola Moto E model does not support 4G LTE (it will support 3G).  Kodo store probably sells later generation E3/E3 Power model  (sub-model not specified in ad) which may be compatible with 4G LTE. 

Check your Sub-Model compatibility at https://willmyphonework.net/

Badge +4

Looks to be a complete refresh from the Moto E’s of 2014/16. Koodo’s spec sheet for the Moto E match with manufacturers' specs and it is compatible with 3G, 4G & LTE. Some spec reviews call it the Moto E 2020.  

Moto E  (scroll down to the bottom of the page for specs).

Userlevel 7

My point is, we do not know which sub-model @PatriciaKnits has. If it is the original E model than it does not support 4G LTE (it will support 3G). Moto E (2020) DOES support 3G, 4G & LTE

My point is, we do not know which sub-model @PatriciaKnits has. If it is the original E model than it does not support 4G LTE (it will support 3G). Moto E (2020) DOES support 3G, 4G & LTE

I’m just gonna go out and get the latest model. I don’t need anything fancy, just need to get rid of Bell. Thanks everyone for your answers!

Userlevel 7

Latest model sold by Koodo will work just fine with Koodo network as per @rikkster answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Whatever phone you currently have with Bell will work with Koodo provided it’s unlocked. No reason to fork over $$$ for a new handset if you are happy with the current hardware.

Thanks, but it’s to replace a landline. It’s a long, stupid story. ;)