Koodo Community
Solved

monthly plan to prepaid

• 20 November 2019
  • 4 replies

If I’m currently on a Monthly plan with no Tab, how do I switch over to prepaid? Just go purchase a prepaid SIM card and cancel the monthly? 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 20 November 2019, 22:53

Yes. You just buy a prepaid SIM card and activate it. 

Then you can port your current number to your prepaid account. Your monthly account will be close as soon as porting is done.

You will receive your final bill for monthly and you can just pay your bill off.

You can access to your monthly self serve for 90days after the cancellation. So, I would check it if there is no more charges on my account :)

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. You just buy a prepaid SIM card and activate it. 

Then you can port your current number to your prepaid account. Your monthly account will be close as soon as porting is done.

You will receive your final bill for monthly and you can just pay your bill off.

You can access to your monthly self serve for 90days after the cancellation. So, I would check it if there is no more charges on my account :)

Thank you so much that’s very helpful. What if I wanted to give my phone to my child? After ai purchase a prepaid SIM card, do I just set it up as a new account instead of porting my number over? 

Userlevel 4

Yes just set it up as a new account. It might be a good idea to use a different email than the one you’re using with the post paid account.

Thank you!