Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Missing kiosk

Hi koodo forum. Up til now I've been a very satisfied customer. Not now. I tried calling customer service, which was going to charge me $5 for a call. 5 fucking dollars ? Seriously ? Anyway, my question is, since I cant top up my phone, can you transfer my remaining funds to the crappy Rogers phone I will be buying on the 5th, when my minutes run out ?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Why would you waste your time calling? You couldn't find help here? If you told us someone here sure would do their best to answer. Why can't you top up your phone?
I dunno, made more sense to call the actual company rather than ask online. Cant top up my phone because the kiosk is gone. There are 4 places listed to purchase minutes and none of them have Koodo cards. This would be in Brandon, Mb.
Userlevel 7
Darren Washen wrote:

I dunno, made more sense to call the actual company rather than ask online. Cant top up my ph...

There is no $5 for account issues. I know the automated message says you will be charged, but that's for things you can do on self-serve. For example, if you wanted to talk to a rep to change your plan, you would be charged $5 because you can do it on self-serve. If there are no locations nearby anymore that have Koodo top-up cards, your only option is to top-up online using a credit card or a Visa Debit card which pretty much all major financial institutions issue now as debit cards, except RBC. I would try going to a local corner store/variety store. In Ontario at least, most have machines where they can sell you phone cards for various prepaid carriers.
Darren Washen wrote:

I dunno, made more sense to call the actual company rather than ask online. Cant top up my ph...

Not here. There is a kiosk in Superstore but they stopped carrying Koodo cards when the kiosk in the mall closed. I dont deal with RBC, and my card from BMO isnt a Visa debit. I dont have a credit card, nor do I want one. My wife is with Rogers and they allow you to top up using interac. I am not driving 250+kms to the nearest, major city, to buy a phone card. If Koodo doesnt have anything available, I am afraid they are on their way out anyway. I just want to make sure the credit I have, is transferred to the new phone I will need to purchase. p.s. I am not in Ontario.
Userlevel 7
Darren Washen wrote:

Have you by any chance tried a Shoppers Drug Mart? If you have one. I know Brandon isn't the biggest city
Darren Washen wrote:

I have not. I had no idea they sold phone cards. I will try that tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Darren Washen wrote:

Also try visiting your bank and see if they can get you a new visa debit card, as just got one from my bank and it's made life so much easier.
Userlevel 6
Darren Washen wrote:

Gas stations have koodo cards to. Esso for sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Darren Washen wrote:

Any bank that has adopted the Visa Debit system will replace your card for free.
Darren Washen wrote:

Success. I went to Shoppers and they didnt have any but they directed me to Futureshop and they had almost everything. Still not happy about not having an actual koodo store, but relieved I dont have to kowtow to Rogers.
Userlevel 3
Walmart also carries Koodo pre-paid top up cards in the electronic section. Or you can use a credit card to top up your phone through the Koodo website by signing into your account.
Userlevel 5
The Superstore should also still have them, its possible they ran out of the paper cards.
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

The Superstore should also still have them, its possible they ran out of the paper cards.

I understand they used to, but not since the kiosk closed.