Koodo Community
Solved

Missing 10% credit for automatic renewals (November 2019)

• 20 November 2019
  • 2 replies

My base plan just renewed, and I don’t see any credit. Nor did I get the usual text message: “Thank you for using automatic top-ups. You have saved 10% on your base plan and this credit has been applied to your account. Enjoy!”

I still see “Get 10% back in credits with automatic top-ups” advertised, but when I click on “Learn more” and it goes to this page: https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?source=specialoffers, I can’t find anything about it.

Did this just change?

Also, the amount that was charged for this renewal was $13.50 instead of $15, so it seems to have used up my credit instead of adding to it. 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 20 November 2019, 22:45

Oh, well, it did eventually post, quite a bit later than usual. I should have been more patient.

However, it does seem to have charged $13.50 this time instead of building up the credit. And looking ahead to next month, it says: 

• Next Automatic Top-up (start of): Dec 20, 2019
  • Automatic Top-up Amount: $13.50

It used to build up credit, but I guess now it just uses it up each month?

Correct.  They changed the system of 10%credit.

They used to give you credit to build up. But, now they use your credit first, then charge you the rest of your base plan.

Do not remove auto top up, change will be coming.  They won't offer the bonus credit for auto top up ( 10% credit) for new customers. 

If you have it currently, then you can keep it as long as you keep the auto top up.  But, once you remove it, and turn it back on...you will lose the bonus credit. :( 

View original

2 replies

Oh, well, it did eventually post, quite a bit later than usual. I should have been more patient.

However, it does seem to have charged $13.50 this time instead of building up the credit. And looking ahead to next month, it says: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Correct.  They changed the system of 10%credit.

They used to give you credit to build up. But, now they use your credit first, then charge you the rest of your base plan.

Do not remove auto top up, change will be coming.  They won't offer the bonus credit for auto top up ( 10% credit) for new customers. 

If you have it currently, then you can keep it as long as you keep the auto top up.  But, once you remove it, and turn it back on...you will lose the bonus credit. :(