Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Misrouted calls?

when i dial a prepaid number that i have, ok it does not have any booster plan or add-ons and no balance on the account this call is forwarded straight away to log in to my voice from another phone number. The prepaid accounts have different emails(of course lol) and client names this is creeping me out this prepaid accounts have never been linked together really the numbers shouldnt even know each other right? So when other people call this number is it all so forwardrd to my number

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Your title says one thing but then you talk about a completely different thing in the post. What is your issue, EXACTLY? Are you saying that you have a prepaid line with no balance and no boosters, etc and that when people call that number it is forwarded to someone elses number? Do you know this person?
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Your title says one thing but then you talk about a completely different thing in the post. What ...

Or is it when they call them, that it is forwarded to you? Anyhow, this definitely looks like a problem for technical support as it seems like a network side issue. Call *611 from your Koodo phone, option 4 i believe
Ahmad wrote:

Your title says one thing but then you talk about a completely different thing in the post. What ...

When I call said number ( name that number A) it goes directly to my voicemail on my phone. When i dialed A from a virgin phone it went to a messing center not directly to my voicemail Title doesnt match..... I know sorry now what i wanted to do was supend the service cause well i dont want the wolrd having access to my voice mail. So how can i suspend A online
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Ya you should definitely call technical support then
Ahmad wrote:

#611 for tech support? and will i be charged a fee for this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

No, it's free to call *611
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eh? Can you repeat all that again?
Sophia wrote:

When I call said number ( name that number A) it goes directly to my voicemail on my phone. When i dialed A from a virgin phone it went to a messing center not directly to my voicemail
Sophia wrote:

when i dial a prepaid number that i have, ok it does not have any booster plan or add-ons and no balance on the account this call is forwarded straight away to log in to my voicemail
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

When you don't have any boosters, your incoming calls will go to voicemail, El Moore. But as Ahmad suggested, if you are experiencing other problems, you're best off to call koodo 🙂
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

The way I see I read it is that she is calling another number but it goes automatically to HER voicemail. When I call said number ( name that number A) it goes directly to my voicemail on my phone (*so she calls the number, and it goes directly to her own voicemail) . When i dialed A from a virgin phone it went to a messing center not directly to my voicemail (*so when she calls from another phone, it goes to the regular persons voicemail)
Sophia wrote:

Yep Ahmad you got the jist of my problem. So now i ask what right do the authorities have to access my phone without my concent
Sophia wrote:

But it didn't go to number As voice mail it when to a messaging center asked to enter number that i would to access.did not go to Number A's voice mail directly
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

They can't even access your voicemail without your password. Furthermore, anyone can access ANYONES initial voicemail just by dialing their number and pressing a certain key or two. The issue your having is a once in a blue moon thing. You need to understand that technology isn't perfect and problems can happen by themselves. Like I said and I will only repeat it one more time, call *611 and speak with technical support. They aren't even doing it on purpose, so there is no answer to your question.
Sophia wrote:

Chill Ahmad kinda feels like your yelling at me no answer to my question how can that be Do the authorities have the right to access my account without my permission? thats a yes or no answer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

"Yes" 🙂 That said, the authorities will need a good reason to access your account, and they will probably need permission from other authorities. But to answer your question, they do [b]not need permission from you. THAT said, I think it's time we all take off our tin foil hat and not assume that is what actually happened - as suggested several times now, you just need to call Koodo and ask them 😉
Sophia wrote:

Thanks for answering that kind of info is good to know, again a straight forward makes life simple
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you reach a message asking you to type the number of the mailbox you wish to access, you are not being forwarded to login to someone's voicemail, you are dialing in to a Koodo voicemail server. If you happen to call it from a Koodo phone that has a mailbox on that server call display will automatically select that number's own mailbox. Calling from a Virgin phone means that caller id will present the vm system with an unrecognized number, which is why it is asking whose mailbox you are trying to reach.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If you reach a message asking you to type the number of the mailbox you wish to access, you are n...

from the koodo phone there is no request for a mailbox number, the prompt is enter your password now and the only password that works is the pin for my voicemail,
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If you reach a message asking you to type the number of the mailbox you wish to access, you are n...

Did you ever figure this out? I'm brand new to koodo and the same thing is happening to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For clarity's sake, when referring to your own number, say "my own number". If referring to a friend's number, say "my friend's number. If it's a generic koodo access number, tell us the exact number. None of this "a certain number, let's call it number A" stuff, you're just muddying the waters. What [i][b]precisely happens when you dial your number? What [i][b]precisely happens when your friend dials your number?
The same thing is happening to me. I went to dial a friends number, but it went straight to my voice mail? I need to get a hold of my buddy. What is going on here??