Koodo Community
Question

Minutes

• 8 April 2020
  • 7 replies

This phone is for my 85 year old mom who is currently on lockdown in a seniors building.  Because of this  she has gone over her mintues.  I cannot afford the bill.  I need someone to talk to about this and its not possible to call someone.  What are the options?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Options are you use other means of communication or get an unlimited minutes add-on at 20$/month. Does the senior have wifi at his residence? If he does, make him a Whats App count and contact him through that. I’ll flag a rep for your billing issues, but you did go over your minutes. Maybe you should’ve looked to solve the problem BEFORE this happened? Because your options now are quite limited once the wrong has been done. 

If the seniors talk with other people and not just you, then I definitely recommend adding the 20$/month add-on.

Yes, I have the same problem. My bill was TRIPLE what is normally is this month because I have to work from home now, and can’t get ahold of anyone at Koodo to change my plan.

I’m soooo frustrated.  

As much as I appreciate the response, I certainly do not appreciate the tone.  I’m a healthcare worker and my mom going over her minutes was not high on my radar unfortunately.  Considering the unique situation we find ourselves in would it not be in Koodos best interest to open up the minutes across Canada.   If a solution cannot be agreed upon then I will go to another provider despite having this account for over ten years.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry about the tone Darlene. Thought the situation was you talking with your mom. Once I re-read I did understand she was the one going over her minutes on her own free time. Sure, hard to be on your radar. Maybe it could’ve been on hers? What I’m trying to say here is your mother signed a contract, right? She went over her minutes and needs to pay. That’s what’s written in the agreement. So I could be a complete ass and tell you to deal with it, because that’s life. If she doesn’t know how not to go over her minutes, that’s not Koodo’s problem. It’s hers. In order for this not to happen, maybe she should know she doesn’t have unlimited minutes on her phone. 

Also, I’m just a customer like you. You’re not dealing with a Koodo rep on here unless it’s written Koodo after his name. As for your problem, I have flagged the issue to someone at Koodo so he can come help (forgot to mention that in my first reply). If he wants to he could waive the overage fees but he’s in now way obliged to do so AND he could either offer you a) unlimited minutes add-on for 20$/mth (something that you’re intrested in) or b)changing plans for unlimited minutes or c) add the unlimited incoming minutes (10$/mth)

Now in order to accelerate this, what exactly do you want? 

Userlevel 5

Hey Darlene! We really want to help you out with the bill and we’d like to discuss some options with you. Could you, please, send us a private message (https://m.me/Koodo) so we can look into this for you? Thanks!

Hi Robert T

I understand that you are not a Koodo rep, which is a good thing because you have zero customer service skills.  I am now in contact with a rep apparently and hopefully they can help.  In future I would suggest you don’t recommend options for people since you are not a rep and you come across as condescending and rude.  I think we have enough to deal with in todays world without comments like yours.  If you are somehow connected to Koodo I will also be letting them know how this whole exchange did nothing for my confidence in them.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Robert T

I understand that you are not a Koodo rep, which is a good thing because you have zero customer service skills.  I am now in contact with a rep apparently and hopefully they can help.  In future I would suggest you don’t recommend options for people since you are not a rep and you come across as condescending and rude.  I think we have enough to deal with in todays world without comments like yours.  If you are somehow connected to Koodo I will also be letting them know how this whole exchange did nothing for my confidence in them.  

I am very sorry that I did not meet your expectations in customer service. In what way my comments seemed rude in any kind towards you, @DarleneH? I want to improve and give out better answers in the future :)