Koodo Community

Community

Make Prepaid able to work outside of Canada/roam in the US

Should make prepaid work outside of Canada. Would be nice to be able to roam in the US.

9 replies

They already have roaming booster for regular plan so same should be offered to prepaid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure would be 🙂
Need to be able to add roaming booster for prepaid.  Much appreciated otherwise i might be switching soon as i needed it so badly.
Userlevel 6
Wendy Liew wrote:

Need to be able to add roaming booster for prepaid.  Much appreciated otherwise i might be s...

just get a prepaid card at your destination.
always cheaper and more efficient doing it that way
Wendy Liew wrote:

Need to be able to add roaming booster for prepaid.  Much appreciated otherwise i might be s...

can i still use my canadian prepaid phone number though if i get a US prepaid card with US carrier?
Userlevel 7
Wendy Liew wrote:

No. You would have a new, US number during that time. Once you come back to Canada and put your old sim card back in, you're back to using your normal number
Wendy Liew wrote:

i was thinking to get this prepaid US number but then i find out i cannot set call forward in my canadian prepaid kodoo to it....so it's just not want i want....i want people to be able to reach me while i am down at the state 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy Liew wrote:

Then you need a post paid account from your choice of carrier.

You could put a voicemail announcement on your current phone indicating your temporary number, and asking your callers to dial that number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Update on this folks: times are changing, we have more prepaid customers so we are changing the status of this idea by YOU to 'under consideration'.