Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Local Calling

I live in Rockland, Ontario I can't find where my local calling extends to, does anyone know?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you have? If you have a Canada wide plan, whole Canada is your local area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If not, I believe that your local calling is where you need to begin dialing 1 in front of the number.
I have a prepaid plan so I don't have Canada wide calling.
Also if I don't put a 1 or if I do it says I don't have an active booster but that person can call me, so I'm confused as to why I can receive the local call from that person but can make it. With other numbers I can call an receive but with this number I can only receive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because all the incoming calls are count as local when you are in your local area. There will be long distance charge when you call outside of your local area. So you will need to add a "Talk Booster".
Oh, ok that makes sense. And there is no page i can use to find out my own local area?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure if there was a page that show us "my local area"... Was it on the Koodo's website? But if you can't make a call without 1 in front of the number, it's not your local area.
Userlevel 6
The local calling area should be at least the same as the landline calling area: http://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?exch=157220 but wireless may include areas slightly beyond that.