If you're one of the thousands of people still waiting on hold with Koodo, and you lost your entire weekend and called into work sick on Monday, try this method to get results. [b]Please note: follow this step by step.
1. Go to a Koodo kiosk or Koodo retailer and add a line to your account with the $60/10GB plan. Choose any phone number they offer.
2. Purchase a Koodo or Telus prepaid sim card*.
3. Purchase yourself a coffee, you're halfway done.
4. Setup a prepaid line and port the number you want to keep to this prepaid line. This will then deactivate that line with Koodo and basically reserve your phone number. Remember the PIN or the account number for the pre-paid line; you'll need it later.
5. Log into Koodo Self Serve and under the new line go to Overview > View Rate Plan > Manage Your Phone Number. From here you can port your number from the pre-paid line you set up. That's it, that's all. Make sure to take advantage of the 10 day unlimited data.
You will receive a final bill for the line that was deactivated, and the new line will be pro-rated. It pretty much balances out.
* You can port out to other carriers (pre-paid), but you may have to wait up to 30 days to port back in. By porting to Koodo or Telus (pre-paid) you can port back into Koodo post paid instantly.
I have found at times that using Chrome to set up the pre-paid accounts doesn't always work (page errors.) I've had good results using Edge or Firefox.