Koodo Community

koodo sim not working

• 17 September 2018
  • 5 replies

i have been using koodo connection for one week and yesterday suddenly my sim stopped working showing no sim card inserted on home screen i dont know whats going on with koodo its been more than 30 hours already and the problem is not fix yet"

5 replies

Badge +4
Have you tried taking the sim card out and then reinserting it?
Is your base plan showing as active in your prepaid self serve account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@bhawan92 : Was it show "No SIM" and not "no service" or anything else.

If the phone showed No SIM, there was issues with either the SIM or the SIM card reader contact within your phone. Have you tried to use the SIM in another phone? Was the SIM new?
Have you tried taking the sim card out and then reinserting it?
Is your base plan showing as active in your prepaid self serve account?

Yea I talked with technical support they said everything is good with account they said there is some problem with towers
@bhawan92 : Was it show "No SIM" and not "no service" or anything else.

If the phone showed No SIM, there was issues with either the SIM or the SIM card reader contact within your phone. Have you tried to use the SIM in another phone? Was the SIM new?

I tried this sim on another phone it’s showing same thing but I tried another sim that works fine only problem with Koodo sim
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I tried this sim on another phone it’s showing same thing but I tried another sim that works fine only problem with Koodo sim

Then you might need to replace the SIM, it could be a defected SIM. Are you close by any Koodo/Telus Kiosk? you could pass by them and ask them to check and replace.