Koodo Community

Koodo prepaid SIM price drop & bonus promotions

• 14 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo prepaid SIMs are now only $10 and available from more sources other than just a Koodo shop. There are new promotional plans including data that are worth checking out.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nice! Funny enough I have just ported hubby to Public Mobile because their $13 plan offers unlimited incoming calls, 100 Canada wide minutes and 1ct/min overage.

Also it includes 250mb data 3G speed... Which doesn't seem to impact anything (you were right, @triggered123)

I can honestly say that I would recommend PM over Koodo prepaid right now, but it's nice to see that there are some promos here too, plus the prepaid SIM had dropped to a more reasonable price. Choices are good 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Canadian prepaid plans are starting to mimic the US ones… more of each tier included to migrate the $15 renewal cycle to $35 or $45 and up. Booster prices stay high to encourage grabbing a bigger monthly package.

Very common plan in the US many snowbirds take is $40/month unlimited calling & texting in the US, several gig of data (2-10 depending on the current market or promotion) plus $5/month for unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico. Much eezier to roam that way. All the big US players offer something similar.

(And the US prepaid software seems no better than  Koodo’s. Verizon  customers also get text warnings that their plan is about to run out even if they have more than enough in the account to cover the next  month).

Canadian prepaid plans are starting to mimic the US ones… more of each tier included to migrate the $15 renewal cycle to $35 or $45 and up. Booster prices stay high to encourage grabbing a bigger monthly package.

Very common plan in the US many snowbirds take is $40/month unlimited calling & texting in the US, several gig of data (2-10 depending on the current market or promotion) plus $5/month for unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico. Much eezier to roam that way. All the big US players offer something similar.

(And the US prepaid software seems no better than  Koodo’s. Verizon  customers also get text warnings that their plan is about to run out even if they have more than enough in the account to cover the next  month).

Is this $40/ month plan offered by Koodo?

Have a neighbour here in the US who recently switched to Koodo and before leaving Canada was offered a Monthly plan similar to what you describe here?? Didn’t want to disbelieve a good neighbour but don’t see this offer  on the Koodo site  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, Bob said a common plan in the US. If it was a special offer that's different. If you don't see it on Koodo site then it's not regularly available. There's also local promos. For example, I saw one with Freedom in a store the other day thst was discounted about 25%. This

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It might have been a personalized offer to them… so I wouldn’t dismiss what they said but chances are it’s not offered any longer, and probably never was available to the public.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$45 per month offered by US suppliers such as Verizon, T-Mobile etc. NOT Koodo. Sorry for the confusion.