Koodo Community

Koodo Prepaid incoming calls do not go through

I and many of my friends who are using Koodo Prepaid, are having major issues with incoming calls. The majority of the time when someone calls my phone, the call instantly goes to voicemail or sometimes doesn’t even reach voicemail. Usually if the caller immediately calls my number again, Koodo will send it though. This has been happening for over a month now and has resulted in countless lost calls. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And several friends? Is this regardless of location and phone?

I know of 5 others who are using Koodo Prepaid and having this issue. But everyone lives in the same general geographic location. However this wasn’t an issue a couple months ago so its a relatively recent development.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have made sure the phone isn't set to do not disturb, right? Because that's pretty much exactly what'll happen if it is.

Yes, the phone isn’t on DND. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Ernest Please schedule a call back at a time that is convenient for you by using the Virtual Assistant at www.koodo.com/chat.

In the chat box, you need to enter “I am prepaid” and you will be given a link for “Koodo Prepaid Chat”.

Once you click on that link, a new chat box will open and you need to enter the words “schedule callback” and answer a few questions, so one of our agents could assist you (you will need to enter a phone number where you are able to receive calls).

Thank you!

Thanks @Cristian Koodo . I’ve scheduled a call. 

Userlevel 6

I just want to add that I don’t know Ernest or his calling area, but this has happened to my husband several times. I would say the majority of his calls come through, but he has found a few voice messages and didn't hear the phone ring.

Twice in the past month while we have been watching tv, his phone has given a notification sound and upon checking, there was a new voicemail. The phone did not ring, the callers were friends and not blocked, and the phone was not on DND.

He is on prepaid (I am on postpaid so I am not having the same issue).

I doubt he would want to call Koodo about it, but thought I would add that this issue is happening to someone else other than Ernest.

I have called Koodo and they have escalated the situation to their technicians. They have tried resetting the network but that didn’t work. I’ll wait and see what happens. Ironically Koodo couldn’t get through to my cell without trying multiple times in a row because the issue was affecting their calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you happen to live in manitoba? They recently got rid of their 3G network in the Winnipeg/Brandon region and call quality may be worse unless you turn on VoLTE, (something that's not available on prepaid).

Userlevel 6

Do you happen to live in manitoba? They recently got rid of their 3G network in the Winnipeg/Brandon region and call quality may be worse unless you turn on VoLTE, (something that's not available on prepaid).

I am the Lou above who chimed in that my husband has had this issue - we are in BC and I there us a telus tower that I can see across the river from my house. Not sure where Ernest is located.