Koodo Community

Koodo PREPAID data reset

• 19 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a two phones. One regular with calling and data.. (family plan, limited data). Second phone is Prepaid, has call/text but I only use it for extra data.

I started the Prepaid plan with 10GB data for a $75 a month (max data for prepaid). Issue is, with COVID, been using way more than 10GB as I'm not on WIFI where I'm quarantined.

Within a week or two, I use up my 10GB, and cannot reset my plan. I have to "change my plan" to a 7GB / $65 a month, to reset data, and then change my plan back to 10GB once the 7GB runs out. Only other option, pay a ridiculous amount for an 250MB of data that would constantly run out.

Is there no way to reset,or refresh your monthly prepaid plan, without being scammed out of data and/or money?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, you found the only affordable option. Other than that you can buy 1gb boosters for $30 each, but your idea is really the least expensive.

Have you looked into Telus/Bell/Rogers plans? Apparently they are much more affordable when you need that much data!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, you found the only affordable option. Other than that you can buy 1gb boosters for $30 each, but your idea is really the least expensive.

Have you looked into Telus/Bell/Rogers plans? Apparently they are much more affordable when you need that much data!

What?  Why cant you auto renew the 10GB plan @Sophia ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can, but not before the expiry date. OP is correct that you'd need to change to another plan if you want to renew your data before the 30 days are up.

That is why I suggested they go with one of the big 3 providers, they have 20G plans and even larger, I think…

Another possibility is a tablet plan, they usually offer more data too for lower prices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh thats a creative way of doing things. I guess boosters would be extremely expensive in comparison

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, they pay 75+65=$140 each month for 10+7=17GB.

I just checked Telus for fun and you can get 50GB for $125 currently. I can't imagine why anyone would willingly stay with a second prepaid plan just for data and then complain about being scammed, haha.