Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Prepaid account disabled

I was supposed to top up by May 4th, but I forgot to and now I am locked out of the account. Do I lose my phone number, account balance and any remaining Booster®️ add-ons immediately now?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
You don't lose your phone number or account balance, however your boosters would be expired/done since you didn't renew your base plan on time. If you called them the day of (May 4th) or even the next day and explained the situation and topped up immiadetly, they may have reinstated your boosters. But its been almost a week now so the chances of that happening now are slim. You could always try. *611 from your Koodo phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone
Ahmad wrote:

You don't lose your phone number or account balance, however your boosters would be expired/done ...

I called customer service and was told they cannot reinstate deactivated accounts at all.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You don't lose your phone number or account balance, however your boosters would be expired/done ...

Your account would only be deactivated if its been longer than 90 days since the day you were supposed to topup
Ahmad wrote:

Yeah May 4th is the deadline of the 90 days I haven't topped up in
Userlevel 5
Hi Eric, if it's been less than 90 days since the last time you used your phone, then no, you don't lose any unused boosters that you have, or your phone number. Just top up your base plan, and you should be good to go again for 30 days. If May 4th was the end of 90 days of being unused, then Ahmad is correct, and you'll have to see if Customer Service can do anything. Otherwise, you'll have to start again from scratch with a new number, base plan, etc. Good luck Eric!
If I can reinstate my service, can I topup without renewing the plan?
Userlevel 7
No. When you topup, it will automatically take money for the base plan. You must have a base plan. If you want to change base plans, log into self-serve to do that before you topup.
Ahmad wrote:

No. When you topup, it will automatically take money for the base plan. You must have a base plan...

i added money yesterday a 50 dollars an now it tells me my account is deactived why .....do i loose my money
i topped up my cell yesterday an today tells me my account is deactived why ?
do i lose my 50 card i put on it 

Badge +4
Anthony Beaulieu wrote:

i topped up my cell yesterday an today tells me my account is deactived why ?
do i lose my 50 car...

Unless it's been more than ninety days since your last baseplan renewal, I think you're looking at a temporary suspension. If that's the case, the $50 will be held in your account until the system decides to apply the funds. The lag in processing payment sometimes occurs when funds are applied in the early morning hours. The funds will likely be applied later this morning, usually between the hours of 6 and 9 a.m. You can verify whether funds have been applied or not by logging into your prepaid self serve account and viewing the Overview page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How long ago was the last time you put money on it?