Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo has charged me for all my calls to India under Local air minutes when i have 1000 LD minutes.

i have 1000 Minutes Long distance free minutes and 500 Local airtime. But koodo has charged me for all my calls to India under Local air minutes. I tried to explain this to the customer care agent but she never understood. Can you please help me fix this issue ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Long distance calls uses Long Distance minutes plus regular anytime talk minutes (if called during the day).  As you see in your PDF e.bill, you would not have been charged long distance fees.  But you probably went over your regular airtime minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Rajganapathy You have 2 lines with us. One on an unlimited minutes plan. The other has 500 minutes anytime minutes included. Both have the 1,000 min LD minutes to India as well.  Dennis above guessed this right. You used more minutes than your allotted minutes included in your plan. You can easily avoid these charges. Either make the calls to India during the free evenings and weekends periods or take out unlimited minutes plan like your other line. Either option will save you lots!

Looking at your invoice not all your calls to India were charged at all. Only the overages. You can see it on page 6 of your invoice where the charges started. Feb 22nd and onward for calls that were not made in the evening or weekends. That's is when you started to exceed the 500 min included in your plan.  
Please feel free to share this Koodo direct email address with others who may be having problems with this particular cell phone service provider. They are being inundated with calls lately, due to many customer service complaints and billing & service issues. Current wait times to call them is a minimum of 40 minutes. It sometimes takes several days to get a response from their "Self-Serve" online messages. toplevelservice@koodomobile.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terra Byte wrote:

Please feel free to share this Koodo direct email address with others who may be having problems ...

Thanks for the help Terra! In this case it won't really make a difference if the OP send an email here or somewhere else. There was really nothing wrong with the charges.