Koodo Community
Question

Koodo doesn't support fb txt status updates?

• 24 October 2012
  • 5 replies

I tried setting up my Facebook and Twitter accounts so I could text my updates to save on data (I have a prepaid phone and pay about $50 a month). I keep getting messages saying: Koodo: We do not support the service you are trying to text. I get the same message when I try to text my friend in the UK even though when I did a search it said that the UK is one of the countries I should be able to text to. At this point I'm extremely close to going with another company. I spend a lot of time in the hospital and one of the main reasons I decided on Koodo is because of the unlimited international text messaging so I can stay in touch with everyone. I don't like leaving my laptop in the room while I'm away for tests, surgery etc. I have to say at this point I'm extremely disappointed in the service because of these reasons. Is there any way to use facebook text?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
I'm not sure about the UK texting on prepaid, but texting to short code services (such as Twitter/Facebook) are not supported on prepaid and you'ld have to switch to post paid to make them work.
I'm not sure about the UK texting on prepaid, but texting to short code services (such as Twitter...Thank you for taking the time to comment. I have to admit though, I'm pretty disappointed in the content of your comment lol! I wish this was explained to me when I bought my phone. If I knew back then I would have probably not gone the prepaid route. I guess I should get to calling people to use up my minutes (I have nearly 500 left) and get to using my data so I can get a regular plan. I really don't want to drag it out and have to pay for a base plan for another month to use everything up.
Userlevel 1
You did not mention what Prepaid phone you activated, if you are using a Blackberry Phone koodo does not support Data on Blackberry phones, so your facebook/twitter will not work.
You did not mention what Prepaid phone you activated, if you are using a Blackberry Phone koodo d...I activated a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I can use Facebook and Twitter fine, but I was hoping I could cut back on my data usage by texting more. If I decided to go with a regular monthly plan do you know if I could use the phone I have now? I just bought it a couple of months ago to replace the phone I bought three weeks before that! (I had a nasty habit of dropping phones and running them over with my wheelchair before I got a holder for them...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You did not mention what Prepaid phone you activated, if you are using a Blackberry Phone koodo d...Yes you can but I believe you'll need a new sim. I could be misinformed about the sim but the phone will work on post paid AFAIK