Koodo Community
Question

Koodo base plan with Data

• 25 May 2019
  • 6 replies

I'm on the $15 base plan. Now that there is a new $15 base plan with 250mB of data included, do I have to update my Koodo account plan selection to get the free data, or will my base plan switch automatically to have the free 250mB?

I notice that if I go in to switch it manually it will charge me $15 immediately. Since I'm on automatic top ups I'd rather just have the plan switch over when my top up occurs. Anyway to do this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
You could find a good discussion about the promotion here https://community.koodomobile.com/prepaid-79951/yay-an-update-to-be-excited-about-7794267

Regarding the plan change, You could change it at last date of your 30 days cycle. So you don't lose anything much.
Llooks like this is the only way around this: positive enrollment. If you don't take action, your base plan will not include the data. Buyer beware!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure why it's "buyer beware", Michael. It's true though that action is needed to change the base plan manually - but that is literally a 1 minute task (that includes the ultra slow login to self service). You won't lose a penny otherwise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure why it's "buyer beware", Michael. It's true though that action is needed to change the base plan manually - but that is literally a 1 minute task (that includes the ultra slow login to self service). You won't lose a penny otherwise.

Not a bad idea to take a screen shot of your summary page and usage tab before making the switch in case anything goes awry. The table in the usage tab is what the reps see on screen if you need any adjustment.
It requires all to find out on their own, enroll in the new plan on their own. It would be nice if Koodoo just upgraded all $15 plans to the new package.

I bet they are hoping it takes years for all to find out while they pay for data boosters.

Get it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It always works that way - plans don't change unless you manually change it. This is the way with post paid plans, even our Internet with Telus doesn't change unless we take action. I agree this could be better, but it's hardly something that is unique to Koodo...