Koodo Community

Community

Solved

isn't possible to revive or re-activate an old pre- paid SIM card instead of buying another one?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Nope ..SIM card gets deactivated and blocked ..without PUK2 code it's hard to activate again unless you send it back to service provider and activate it .. Cheaper to get a new prepaid sim then waiting for Koodo to re register and activate old sim ...I am not sure about Koodo reps ..they will tell you to get a new one ready to activate instead.
Userlevel 5
Prepaid Sim if you were inactive for less than 90 days, (you didn't renew your base plan but you didn't port your number away) , I believe you can still reinstate yourself
Userlevel 6
Hi Julia, Du is right! You can reactivate an account with the same SIM card if it's been less than 90 days since the base plan expired. Simply top up the account to renew the base plan and you'll be able to use the SIM card. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi Julia, Du is right! You can reactivate an account with the same SIM card if it's been less tha...

I'd like to clarify that this only applies to SIM cards that are deactivated due to not topping up your account. If the SIM card becomes inactive because another one has been activated, the old card can never be reactivated on prepaid.
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Hi Julia, Du is right! You can reactivate an account with the same SIM card if it's been less tha...

Absolutely 🙂 Thank you, Ivan!
Yannick wrote:

It's been longer than 90 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Then you've lost your phone number and boosters as well. At least you have the opportunity to re-register as a new activation and benefit from the $20 credit that will effectively pay for the SIM.

Word to the wise: prepaid SIMS only available from Koodo boutique and sometimes on eBay.ca --- retail partners usually do not carry.