Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there a credit check for prepaid phones?

Is there still a credit check for a used prepaid phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Allesha... If you are planning to use the Prepaid services, there is no Credit Check.... But every time that you requests services for postpaid, there is a credit check done...
Userlevel 5
If you are unsure if your credit is good enough for postpaid, try visiting a koodo shop and see for yourself. If it is, then great! If not, you can always sign up with prepaid.
I have the most horrible credit, under 500 credit rating. Every single carrier asked me for a deposit except for Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Michael Russell wrote:

I have the most horrible credit, under 500 credit rating. Every single carrier asked me for a dep...

Fix it, dude! It's important! Do you have outstanding bills, school or credit card debt?
Michael Russell wrote:

I have the most horrible credit, under 500 credit rating. Every single carrier asked me for a dep...

Yeah I have been working on it. They are mostly debts from when I was 18, My score was 466 last year. I settled some accounts and have disputed some inaccuracies such as balances on closed account the give a misrepresentation of the utilization ratio used in determining ones credit score. 2 accounts which are soon to be 6 years since the first delinquency are set to erase from the report in accordance with laws. Im hoping to get at least a 650 by the end of the year.