Koodo Community

Community

Is my account activated?

I was doing an activation for a new pre-paid card. I put all the information, added a base plan with 500 talk mins., registered an auto top-up. However, when I press "active" button, it shows my credit card was somehow denied. I tried to log in but failed. The email address was not recognized. Is my account activated? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the credit card was denied, I doubt that the account was created. Have you tried another credit card?
Robert wrote:

If the credit card was denied, I doubt that the account was created. Have you tried another credi...

I put the SIM in the phone but it shows "NO SIM" or "NO SERVICE". So I assume the account was not activated. My email address is not recognized when I tried to log in to my account. How can I log into an account that is not activate?
Robert wrote:

If the credit card was denied, I doubt that the account was created. Have you tried another credi...

The SIM card was brand new just bought yesterday so I was given $20 rebate when I activating the account.  It shows I have $5 balance after my first month base plan. I registered a credit card for a 500 min talk booster and auto top up base plan. So even the credit card was denied, should I still be able to text for the first month? The phone shows NO SIM or NO SERVICE. Now I am stuck with an account that I cannot use and cannot log in. Even I want to use another credit card, how am I able to get into the account? And I cannot talk to a real person on the phone to help out! I am really frustrated. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Can you try the whole process from scratch, see if it works this time? Make sure your address matches that on the credit card EXACTLY. If you still have problems, you might need to fire off a message to Koodo through FB private messenger and they'll be able to verify your card and set you up with an account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Oh wait, I see we cross posted. So you're saying your account was activated? Where does it show that you have a balance of $5 (since you just said you can't get into your account)?

If you have indeed been activated, try rebooting your phone and see if you have service now.
Robert wrote:

No I don't think it is activated. The phone shows NO SIM CARD or NO SERVICE with the sim card INSTALLED. I saw the $5 balance during the activating process. I registered the base plan so it showed $5 balance, then I added $25 500 mins talk boosters and it showed I owed $23 ($25-$5 = $20 plus tax). When I press the final step (forgot what it was), it came up something like "the credit card is denied, so no amount was charged to the card." I did received an "verify email" to the email address I used. I press the link and it showed "email is verified". But when I tried to log into the account to fix my credit card problem, it just kept saying" log in failed" or "we are unable to verify the email". 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I see.... sorry you're having all this trouble. In that case I recommend you contact Koodo through Facebook private messenger and I'm sure they will be able to sort you out 🙂